Area(s) of Study
Science and Technology
APSR is looking to fill a position for a Junior Environmental Hygiene Technologist for a temporary position that may lead to a permanent position.
Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- Preparing and calibrating sampling equipment for field use;
- Sample collection in the field, data interpretation and preparation of reports;
- Interpret and/or analyze sample/data results in relation to legislative requirements and industry-accepted guidelines and criteria;
- Supervising asbestos abatement activities;
- Identifying site issues or project concerns and recommending corrective actions;
- Basic client liaison to ensure health, safety and hygiene needs are addressed and met;
- Participate in the Health and Safety program;
- Participate in the Quality Control program. This position will initially involve working under the supervision of senior team members, with the opportunity to rapidly assume increasing autonomy and responsibility.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication and critical thinking skills;
- Possess a reliable vehicle, with appropriate registration and insurance;
- Requirement to wear personal protective equipment – i.e. respiratory protection, hard hat and safety glasses;
- Willingness to travel throughout Alberta. Desirable skills include the following:
- A desire to broaden range of professional skills;
- Able to adapt quickly, while managing a busy workload;
- Have proven problem-solving skills;
- Very good computer skills in Microsoft Office Software applications (Word, Excel, Outlook);
- Enthusiastic and versatile, willing to take on responsibility;
- Strong people skills and an ability to work in a team environment.
- Flexible work schedule to work evening and weekends
- Technical diploma in Occupationa Health and Safety or bachelor’s degree in a related science discipline;
You may apply for this position through any of the means below.