Area(s) of Study
Humanities and Social Sciences
OUR COMMUNICATIONS & STAKEHOLDER RELATIONS TEAM
If you enjoy a collaborative environment surrounded by a hardworking and passionate team then you will fit right in with this group. Our dynamic Communications & Stakeholder Relations team is responsible for promoting and communicating corporate and community engagement initiatives to all of YYC’s stakeholders. The team is always on the go and works very closely with other departments within the organization. This team proves time and time again how hard work pays off, and like the rest of our people, they know how to have fun!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
You are a detail-oriented communications student with strong skills in, writing, research, media relations and social media content creation. You also have a knack for graphic design, photography and video editing. A self-starter, you are motivated by a fast-paced working environment and are ready for the experience of a lifetime. This challenging and dynamic role will see you engaged in the coordination and execution of a range of communication initiatives. Be part of a passionate and dynamic team that will allow you will tap into your creativity, enhance your professional portfolio and add value to your aspiring communications career.
Reporting to the Manager, Corporate Communications, some of your key responsibilities will be:
• Design communication content for event notices, posters and terminal digital screens
• Provide logistics support for media events and track media responses
• Develop communications to support initiatives such as The Calgary Airport Authority’s 25th Anniversary, airport inaugural events, Calgary Corporate Challenge, Stampede, etc.
• Research and develop content for the Authority’s intranet YYC Hub
• Produce videos promoting various programs and initiatives that take place at YYC
• Actively engage in and support communication activities undertaken with other departments
• Provide main reception coverage as required
WHAT YOU BRING
• Corporate Communications and/or Marketing experience or background
• Superior skills in grammar, spelling, punctuation and writing style
• High proficiency with Microsoft office
• Strong knowledge of CP style
• Ability to collaborate effectively with others and adapt to a rapidly changing environment
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Attention to detail and ability to take initiative
Note: Students must be returning to school (post-secondary or high school) in the fall to qualify for this position.
This opportunity is being posted through the U of A, Faculty of Arts Work Experience (AWE). To apply for this posting, applicants must be enrolled in AWE.
If you are interested in this work experience opportunity but are not enrolled in AWE, or for more information about AWE, please contact:
Arts Work Experience (AWE) at the HUB Career Centre
Or visit: uab.ca/awe
Is your heart racing at the exciting opportunity to join our team? Apply for your chance to see first-hand why we are recognized as one of Alberta's Top Employers.
You may apply for this position through any of the means below.