Positions available: 10
Number of weeks: 3 to 10
Beginning: June 25, 2018
Ending: August 28, 2018
Looking for an unusual and fun summer job? Wynchemna is looking for people who are enthusiastic, energetic, creative, extremely flexible, positive, hard-working, able to deal with culture differences, enjoy laughing and have a great sense of humour.
Wynchemna students receive 2 or 3 weeks of English or French training in Calgary or Vancouver followed by a one-week tour through the National Parks of Banff and Jasper or Vancouver Island.
Kids 10 to 14 and Youths 15 to 20 years old from around the world attend Wynchemna. The teachers and the students reside at residences during their stay in Calgary and Vancouver.
DUTIES OF TEACHERS:
- Wake up Call. Have breakfast with the students from 9:00 - 9:40.
- Teach English/French/Recreational Class I from 9:45 - 10:55 (on average 8 students per class).
- Teach English/French/Recreational Class II from 10:55 - 12:05.
- Have lunch with the students from 12:10 to 1:00. Teach English/French/Recreational Class III from 1:00 - 2:10.
- Participate in afternoon recreational activities such as canoeing, kayaking, rock climbing, etc. from 2:15 to 5:45.
- Have supper with the students from 6:00 to 7:00.
- Participate in evening recreational activities from 7:30 to 10:00 such as going to the movies, Loose Moose, roller-skating, etc.
- Apartment checks by the teachers are also expected.
- The final week is spent camping in tents with the students in Rocky Mountains or Vancouver Island.
These courses are three or four weeks long; this includes Saturday and Sunday. (7 days a week). We expect teachers to: obey the laws, co-operate with other Wynchemna teachers and staff, be friendly and respect fellow teachers, staff, fellow Canadians and students from different countries as well as understand cultural difference among students, take care of their health. Any serious breach of these rules will result in the immediate dismissal of the teacher.
Successful applicants with a degree will be paid $3200 (without a degree $2720) for a four-week course. On top of this, employees will receive free room and board, and all entrance fees to the recreational activities, such as canoeing, going to the movies, horseback riding, etc., which works out to be worth more than $1500.
On June 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 and 18, 2018 there will be an ESL/FSL/Activity fun orientation information session.